Wednesday 10 April 2013

Project Life Week 6

A bit of an emotional week this week.  We lost Grandad 10 years ago on Feb 7th, and I wanted to do something to remember him in my album.  I didn't want it to feel morbid to future readers/viewers of my album - more of a celebration, but I wasn't sure what to do.  It was also a pretty quiet week so I didn't have much else to put in this week.  I sought the advice of the lovely ladies on the Project Lifers Facebook Group - this group is such a mine of inspiration and I knew they'd know how to do it.  Someone suggested using a larger photograph and trimming it so that it fits into 3 pockets.  I chose one of my favourite photographs of Grandad and enlarged it to a 6x8 portrait, added a simple white border and printed it out.  After trimming it to make one 6x4 and two 3x4 sections, I slotted them into the pockets to form one large picture.  I love the effect, and it is really quite fitting as Grandad was always larger than life!  Underneath I used a lovely journaling card which I had seen on a page by Kari Vaclavik - she very kindly sent me the file to use, which I scaled to 6x4 and added a 3x4 digi journaling card next to the text.  Once printed, I handwrote my journaling.

As I said, it was a quiet week, so instead of the normal 12x12 page on the right hand side I decided to use a Design H page, especially as week 7 turned out fairly quiet as well ;-)

I have definitely come to the conclusion that having a cat makes PL so much easier - I have PLENTY of photos of him to add in as fillers lol.

Week 6 LHS
Week 6 RHS
 
PL products used:- Turquoise Core Kit, Turquoise Textured Cardstock, Pages Design A & H.

Other products used:- "Smile" & "I <3 Today" overlays by Amy Jaz Designs; Sunday title by Kate Hadfield; CS Lewis Quote Card by Elise ; In Loving Memory Card by Kari Vaclavik.  Word Bubble added using PicSay Pro for Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment